Am I eligible for the Sault Tribe Nicotine Dependence Program?
The following people are eligible for the program:
- Sault Tribe members.
- Other Federally Recognized Native Americans.
- Sault Tribe employees
- Non–Native spouses with insurance may utilize the program if they meet all other eligibility requirements. Insurance may be billed and co-payments and deductibles will apply.
Other requirements include:
- Patients must have a current Sault Tribe healthcare provider (doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assitant).
- A prior appointment with a Sault Tribe healthcare provider may be required to enroll in the program if it has been more than 6 months since you last saw your provider.
- To increase your success in quitting, an appointment with a tobacco treatment consultant will be required prior to receiving cessation medications.
To enroll in the program, tell your Sault Tribe healthcare provider you are ready to quit and ask for a referral. If you already meet all eligibility requirements, please call (906) 632-5210 or call your local Tribal Health Center.